Created for the AFTER launch party, the Ruby Red is the perfect combination of citrus, herbal and botanical notes with just the right amount of sweetness. Make one at a time or a pitcher full for an easy and delicious party mocktail!
Special thanks to all of our sponsors and especially to Abstinence Spirits for providing our specialty mocktail for the evening! We hope you’ll try this at home and let us know what you think! We know we’ll be sipping it all season long!
The Royal Ruby
- 1-1/4 oz Abstinence Cape Citrus
- 1-1/4 oz ruby red grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- .5 oz thyme simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1-1/2 oz club soda
- Combine the first three ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and top with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
- Thyme simple syrup:
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 2 c water
- 1 small bunch thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool. Strain into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- For a party: (Batch recipe, serves 8)
- 10 oz Abstinence Cape Citrus
- 10 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- 8 oz thyme simple syrup
- 16 oz club soda
- Combine the first three ingredients in a pitcher with a handful of ice cubes and stir. To serve, pour 3 oz from the pitcher into a coupe glass, top with club soda and garnish with a sprig of thyme