Happy National Espresso Martini Day!
We love a good espresso martini with dessert or for a special treat and this one is no exception. Simple to make and makes a lovely presentation.
We find that alcohol-free spirits generally have a bit of tanginess to them so we used that flavor profile inherent in the Lyre’s Coffee Original in place of any additional spirit replacement, making this recipe even simpler. Don’t forget three coffee beans on top for good luck!
We’d love to hear your thoughts if you make it yourself!
See Full Recipe Below!
- 2 oz Lyre's Coffee Original (alcohol free)
- 2 oz brewed espresso, cooled
- 1 TBSP Agave Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract or alcohol free flavoring
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds to create the foam that will top the martini.
- Pour out into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with three coffee beans for good luck
- Alcohol free spirits tend to have a bit of a tanginess to them, so I've eliminated any additional ingredient that would take the place of vodka. I find that it's not necessary and that the other ingredients balance out the tanginess in the Coffee Classico without it.
- I'm using agave syrup in place of simple syrup to give this martini the fuller mouthfeel of the original.
- Shake vigorously to create a nice foam on top (don't use too fine of a strainer or the foam will stay in the shaker)
Links to Equipment and Ingredients